What goes into our futonajuniper
100% Cotton filled Japanese Futon
- The history of futon in Japan stretches back centuries and the Japanese company whose products we sell have been making and selling authentic Japanese cotton goods for over 100 years.
- The craftspeople have a wealth of experience and use time-honoured techniques to create the futon.
- Each futon is made in the traditional method of building up several layers of cotton to ensure evenness in the futon.
- They are a more environmentally friendly choice as they are created using natural materials, as they are 100% cotton filled.
- There are three kinds of filling offered in our futons:
- 100% organic Aspero cotton
- A certified Organic Indian cotton
- A standard Indian cotton.
- When the cotton filling has been folded into the cotton cover the expert craftspeople then hand stitch the seams and add the threads that go through the futon to secure the cotton in position and prevent the materials from shifting. This ensures that the futon retains its shape and creates a long lasting quality product.
- When shipping the futon great care is taken not to compress the cotton fibres so that they reach the customer in perfect condition.